Bear Island Camping Trip
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FUN CAMPING?
We are excited to be offering a three-day, two-night camping trip for our youth ages 11-14! This great camping experience at Bear Island will include great how-to experiences in overnight camping, packing, exploration, wildlife, and habitats along with some fun fishing and stargazing!
- Must be at least 11 years old as of January 1, 2018
- If older than 14 as of January 1, 2018, must apply to be a teen leader
- Must be able to walk at least 1 mile at a time
- Must be able to carry their own packed bag
- Must be able to be away from home comfortably
- Must be willing to participate in all activities
- Must be willing to assist with cleanup and other duties at the campsite
- Must not be taking any medication that is affected by being out in sunlight for extended periods of time
- Must be willing to accept all instructions and authority from the 4-H Staff
- Must attend pre-camping program
MARCH 28, 2018 6:30 p.m.
Pre-Camping Program – Attendance Required
Craven County, 300 Industrial Drive, New Bern, NC
- Learn packing and safety skills
- Handouts for packing
- Trip Expectations
APRIL 2-4, 2018
Bear Island Trip
- Transportation will be provided
- Departure and Return times will be announced soon
- Youth will bring their lunches April 2nd, all other meals included in cost (regardless of the cost option you choose)
COST OF TRIP IF YOU NEED EQUIPMENT – $50
If you need any equipment such as a tent, sleeping bag, etc, we can rent them. Please note that if youth require a tent, they may have to share with appropriate gender/age.
COST OF TRIP IF YOU DON’T NEED EQUIPMENT – $35
If youth have their own equipment, they are welcome to bring and use it, provided it is adequate.
Register by March 23, 2018
Registration closes Friday, March 23rd at 5:00 p.m. and payments are due in hand at that time or youth will not be eligible to attend